A major Season 4 update is headed to Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone courtesy of Infinity Ward and Activision. The new update, named Season 4 Reloaded, is a chunky one and will start rolling out tonight, June 29, at 11 pm PDT.
Depending on the platform, the update will vary from 22-36 GB for Modern Warfare owners, and 22-30 GB for Warzone players. Console players will also need to install a secondary download of 3.5 GB. Once the installation is complete, Modern Warfare’s digital footprint will slightly increase, whereas there will be a slight decrease for Warzone.
A plethora of additions is coming to multiplayer, as well as battle royale with the latest update. The developers have also incorporated several weapon adjustments. Let’s dive into the patch notes released by Infinity Ward, prior to the update.
What’s new in Call of Duty Warzone?
Tonight’s update will begin rolling out across all platforms at 11PM PDT! Be sure to read up on what’s coming to #ModernWarfare and #Warzone, see weapon adjustments, download size information, and more by checking out our patch notes! https://t.co/FTa4G6eEd1 pic.twitter.com/yE2uoW5ws2
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) June 30, 2020
The most significant addition is perhaps the increased player count of 200 players for the battle royale. For now, it is only applicable to Battle Royale Quads, meaning 50 Quads will jump into Verdansk at once.
Supply Run Contracts are also headed to Warzone. After activating the contract, players will have to reach a nearby Buy Station within the time limit for a discount on Buy Station purchases.
A new piece of equipment, the Spotter Scope, awaits Warzone players. It is a high-powered and re-usable scope without the glint, enabling one to scan their surroundings and mark enemies while remaining undetected.
Moreover, the Gulag will receive semi-auto rifles, snipers, and a “just fists and a throwing knife” melee loadout. BR Trios, BR Duos, BR Solos, and Plunder: Blood Money are the other available Warzone modes.
A new sniper rifle, the Rytec AMR, and a new Operator, Roze, will also be joining the multiplayer and the battle royale, even though the patch notes don’t mention those.
What’s coming to Call of Duty Modern Warfare?
Modern Warfare gets a new map in the form of Cheshire 24/7. Players will get to experience tactical multiplayer combat on the map located in urban London, England.
Team Defender, a popular game mode from the previous Call of Duty titles, also returns to Modern Warfare. It is a fast-paced objective-based game mode similar to Capture the Flag, but with a twist.
Ground War, Blueprint Gunfight, Shoot the Ship 24/7, Gunfight Tournaments will also be accessible. Realism Mosh Pit is shifted to the Quick Play Filter and Strongbox Regular, Strongbox Veteran, are the Modified Special Operations available.
Also read- Top 5 Call of Duty Warzone Loadouts
Players have complained about the developers’ decision to exclude weapon adjustments from the initial Season 4 update. This time though, the Season 4 Reloaded update has addressed the issue by implementing necessary balancing acts to numerous weapons. Here are all the weapon adjustments as presented by Infinity Ward:
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the underbarrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed.
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot headshot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power.
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close-range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long-range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high-frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
Fixes for Warzone
- Fix for an exploit in Boneyard where players could climb into the destroyed portion of a plane
- Gas Mask now cracks when you’re taking damage near or in the circle
- ‘Team Wiped’ message now appears in the Killfeed for your whole squad to see
- Fix for an issue where players could spawn under the map after winning their Gulag match
- Fixed a bug where players using Charly’s Tactical Human skin or Mara’s Valkryie skin would notice their character models missing from the exfil epilogue in the helicopter
- The audio for the Supply Choppers is too loud, preventing players from hearing most other sounds and communicating with their squad. This has been adjusted
- During the Supply Chopper event, the supply choppers may spawn from under the map, killing players positioned on top of these locations as they raised through the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for the final circle being too close over areas that players cannot access such as the middle of Stadium
- The After Action Report now shows Cash Earned and Placement
- Fix for a rare bug where a player spawned out of bounds after dying out of bounds
- Fix for a minor issue where the radio operator dialog and subtitles for called in Killstreaks could incorrectly play the wrong faction
- Now allow up to three Precision Airstrikes to be called in at once but within a distance restriction
Apart from that, there are several General fixes, as well as fixes for Special Operations. You can check out Infinity Ward’s full patch notes for all the details.