“Jeopardy!” contestant James Holzhauer continues to break the game show’s records.
James Holzhauer has finally reached the end of his historic 33-game “Jeopardy!” run.
The 34-year-old professional gambler earned a total of $2,464,216, just $56,000 short of the all-time non-tournament record set by Ken Jennings in 2004, when he walked away with $2,520,700.
Holzhauer rarely got questions wrong during his impressive run, and Monday was no exception: He finished his final game with the correct answer. But his loss was more the result of an uncharacteristically low wager.
Still, there were a handful of clues over his nearly two-month “Jeopardy!” stint that stumped even the master, chronicled by J! Archive. Would you have gotten any of these right?
1. A 2016 interview with this Batman actor found him looking sad; the internet then made him the meme we deserve.
Category: DON’T TREAD ON MEME for $400 (April 4)
Holzhauer’s answer: Who is Christian Bale?
Correct answer: Who is Ben Affleck?
2. A common sight was walking around Monet who worked outdoors, as in a cliff walk in this Channel-side French region.
MONET-PUNNY for $600 (April 5)
Holzhauer’s answer: What is Brittany?
Correct answer: What is Normandy?
3. Modern auto safety took a big step in ’66 as LBJ signed bills mandating seat belts & rupture-resistant these.
ROOT ’66 for $600 (April 8)
Holzhauer’s answer: What are air bags?
Correct answer: What are fuel tanks?
4. At the Montreux Jazz Festival, you might see smoke on the water of this Swiss lake’s shoreline.
MUSIC FESTIVALS for $1200 (April 9)
Holzhauer’s answer: What is Lucerne?
Correct answer: What is Lake Geneva?
5. Constitution Day is September 17; this related set is celebrated every December 15.
HOLIDAYS & OBSERVANCES for $3,000 (Daily Double, April 10)
Holzhauer’s answer: What are the Articles of Confederation?
Correct answer: What is the Bill of Rights?
6. On July 21, 1861 the Union attacked the Confederates near a stone bridge crossing this creek in the first battle of it.
THE CIVIL WAR for $400 (April 10)
Holzhauer’s answer: What is Manassas?
Correct answer: What is the First Battle of Bull Run?
7. The portal vein brings venous blood to the liver, while this artery brings oxygenated arterial blood.
BREAKS & LIVERS for $1,000 (Daily Double, April 29)
Thank you! You’re almost signed up for
Keep an eye out for an email to confirm your newsletter registration.
Holzhauer’s answer: What is the pulmonary?
Correct answer: What is the hepatic?
8. Stove placement of lower priority items.
HEY, “B.B.” for $200 (May 2)
Holzhauer’s answer: What is the bottom burner?
Correct answer: What is the back burner?
9. In 1965 John Irving entered this Midwest school’s prestigious writers workshop & worked with Kurt Vonnegut.
STATE SCHOOL, THAT GREAT SCHOOL for $1,000 (May 2)
Holzhauer’s answer: What is Indiana?
Correct answer: What is Iowa?
10. This train sung of by blues artists got its name from its 12:05 A.M. departure en route to Parchman Penitentiary.
PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES & A BOAT for $1,200 (May 24)
Holzhauer’s answer: What is “Midnight Train to Georgia?”
Correct answer: What is the “Midnight Special”?
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2019/06/04/jeopardy-can-you-answer-10-questions-james-holzhauer-got-wrong/1328999001/